Beyond Screen Time
While computers have improved our ability to access academic knowledge, we would also like to encourage families to seek activities beyond academics and screen time.
Here are some ideas!
- Cooking lessons
- Learn a new chore
- Sensory activities (make playdough, salt tray, etc.)
- Scavenger hunt
- Nature walks, photography, and journaling
- Dance party
- Make an obstacle course- inside or outside
- Build a fort out of pillows and sheets
- Build a Lego sculpture- Watch Lego Masters (Wed. Nights on Channel FOX)
- Build a paper airplane
- Make a craft from recycled & upcycled materials
- Take turns telling silly jokes with your family
- Look through family photo albums