Science at Curtis Creek Elementary School
Almost all of our regular classroom teachers have received additional science professional development courses through several grants: 4-8 Science Starts, K-2 Starts, TCATS, and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathmatics) Tracks. Through these grants, the majority of our teachers are better able to integrate the latest in science curriculum and instruction at our school!
Teacher Professional Development Program Results:
- STEAM family night
- STEAM Room with access to robotics, high end computers and software, and creative/scientific equipment to support curriclum.
- Star viewing family night
- Robotics after school team
- After-school rocket class
- School garden
- Participation in the county Dinner With a Scientist event
- School wide participation in biennial science fair
- Participation in Nature Bowl
- 3-D printers on campus
- Mural on B-2 wall (science theme)
- STEAM focused field trips